Contact us

If you have questions, feedback, or something you would like to share with us, we welcome you to get in touch. You can contact our team in a variety of ways.

What's on this page


We have a Facebook page for the NZSL Board external which you may find is an easy way to contact us using videos. 

Postal Address and National Office

We use Reply Paid (Freepost) so you can write to us without a stamp.

Our postal address is:

  • Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People. Reply Paid: 262204. PO Box 1556. Wellington 6140

Our national office is:

  • Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People. Aurora Centre. 56 The Terrace. Wellington 6011

Email, Phone or Text

Contact us by email, phone or text within New Zealand:

New Zealand Relay Service

New Zealand Relay is a telecommunications service for people who are Deaf, Deaf-blind, experiencing hearing loss or have a speech condition.

All New Zealand Relay calls are strictly private so your information is safe and secure.

Find out more about this service at the New Zealand Relay website external.

Give Feedback on Our Use of Plain Language

If you would like to give feedback on our use of plain language please email us at

Feedback on our content includes our documents, website and any other guidance Whaikaha has published. Examples of what you could give feedback on include:

  • Was this content easy to understand?
  • Was it easy to find the information I needed?
  • Is the information ordered in a way that makes sense?
  • Is the purpose of the document clear?

Complaint About Disability Supports and Services

It is your right to give feedback or make a complaint about disability support services.

Visit our Disability services complaints and feedback external external page to make a complaint about disability supports and services.

Privacy Act Request or Complaint

If you would like to:

  • request access to your personal information
  • request a correction of your personal information
  • make a complaint about how we handled your personal information

Please email us at

Official Information Act (OIA) Request

If you would like to request government information (official information), please contact us by: 

Find out more about Official Information Act requests external external

Media Enquiries

If you're a media outlet and have a query about Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People, please contact our Media Team.

Official Information Act and Media Responses

Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People takes seriously its obligations under the Official Information Act 1982. That includes responding to requests for official information via media queries.

Read about the Official Information Act and media responses external external